Thursday, December 30, 2010

Riley's 4th Birthday Party

I worked on a lot of really great events this year and I want to share them with you. Here is one of my first and favorites from 2010:

This event, along with many others that I worked on in 2010, was through my work with Bash Events. Her plate was full when this event came in, so she passed the torch to me - and I am so glad! This party was so much fun and I got to start from scratch with it.

Riley was in a major Tinkerbell phase at the time so his mom had hired Tink and Cinderella to come do face painting. We decided to use the lime green from Tink's costume and the turquoise blue from Cinderella's as our theme colors, and threw a little yellow into the mix, too. They wanted their home to feel warm, welcoming, and put together for the party, but they didn't want anything too outrageous or overdone. So, we kept things simple and sweet with sunflower arrangements I made myself, yummy organic food from Large Marge, and amazing cupcakes lined with crystal sprinkles - just like fairy dust. There were lots of activities to keep the kids busy, too: music, storytelling, games, face painting, and the bounce house was a HUGE hit with all the little ones!

And, of course, no kids party is complete without an awesome party favor. I found these cute green and blue pails in the dollar section at Target and filled them with mini-Sunflower planters (also $1 each from Target), Yummy Earth lollipops, Disney Princess stickers (another $1 find), and a rubber bouncy ball - a special request from the Birthday Boy. I made the gift tags myself using all organic and recycled papers and ink.

It turned out to be a beautiful day and the party went off without a hitch. Here are some snapshots for you to enjoy!


We weren't quick enough to get a shot of the cutie cupcakes before they were devoured by the kids - but clearly you can tell by this picture that they were delicious!

Coordination, flowers, party favors: me
Photography: Sam Lembeck
Bounce House: Magic Jump Rentals

No comments:

Post a Comment