Thursday, April 14, 2011

Without Further Ado...

...I present to you, Mimi's baby shower.

Please pardon the fact that the shower took place two weeks before Eli was born, and I am posting this when he is about to be one month old.  No matter how you work the math on that, I'm tardy.  But still, I hope you enjoy!

My gift to Mimi was the shower itself, but I couldn't resist decorating the wall with this cute (and super easy!) clothesline filled with adorable tiny baby clothes.  And the bonus, of course, is that Eli gets to wear the decor!  I've seem him sport the socks and orange pants already.  And I must say, they look even better than they did on the hanger wall.

The centerpieces did double duty, too - each one was made up of eight individual ranunculus plants ('potted' in cute target mugs) and grouped together in the center of the table.  At the end of the party, each guest took one home as a party favor.

 I made the flower arrangements myself - I've still got a lot of learning to do when it comes to arranging flowers, but I sure do enjoy the learning process.  I knew that I wanted to use glass bottles as vessels and I love the way they turned out.  And they're reusable, too!


 Lorna's friend Amy made the candles - a fun little addition to the decor, huh?


Eli is one lucky little boy!  Mimi & Jacob got some of the most incredible gifts - I couldn't resist sharing this great shot of them mid-opening.  Not only do I just love the superhero onesie, but I think you should also note that Jacob is wearing a stuffed elephant in the baby carrier that's strapped to his chest.  Adorbs!
The hostesses - Laura, Aunt Helaine, and me - with the guest of honor.  
Can you guess which one is Mimi?!

A warm welcome for the mommy-to-be.

All photos taken by my very talented husband, also known as Eli's Uncle Sammy.

No comments:

Post a Comment