Monday, February 28, 2011

This & That & Ryan & Susanne

What a busy, wonderful weekend! Mimi's baby shower on Saturday was a huge success and so much fun! Pictures will come soon, but my photographer hubby left his camera at the venue so right now I've got nothing for ya.

I spent most of yesterday touring wedding venues with Colin & Amber. I'm happy to report that there's definitely a frontrunner, but we're still going to do a bit more searching, so I'm not spilling any beans yet...

One of the places we looked at was Calamigos Ranch, a gorgeous venue in the hills of Malibu. Our friends got married there last year in one of the most colorful, personable, warm and fun weddings I've ever been to. Sam went to film school at USC with Ryan, and he and Susanne are two of the most creative and artistically talented people I know - and they are so super friendly, too!

Here's a look back at Ryan & Suzanne's vibrant summer wedding:

I love the way they mixed in modern colors and design, while still keeping things rustic and pretty. The balance was perfect!


I just adore the bright and inviting colors they used throughout the ceremony and reception venue (how pretty is the tree they got married under?!) and I have to give them props because they, too, had a choreographed first dance - I like to think that Sam and I had something to do with the inspiration for that decision!


Nothing about their wedding was over the top, a feat that's hard to pull off when you are trying to seamlessly incorporate some carnival-themed elements into the mix - it's easy to head into cheesy-ville, but these two stayed on the right side of the line the entire way through. There wasn't a detail that didn't go unnoticed, and their personality was really present throughout the whole night.



When done right, you really can't go wrong with a ferris wheel, photobooth, cupcakes, dancing, and popcorn! And these two did it all right, all the way. I had nothing to do with the planning of this affair, I was just lucky to be a guest!

Their photographer Kali Kraum did an excellent job capturing the night, and she has a great website - I could get lost in her blog!

1 comment:

  1. natalie, this is the coolest blog ever! possibly because it was about our happiest day ever and because it was written so beautifully by you. :) thanks for all the nice words. and yes, you two were definitely our inspiration for our first dance. thanks.

    ReplyDelete